Thursday, May 17, 2012

Just Around the Corner!

Authors Note: College is just around the corner, and it really starts to sink in. Being in middle school makes you think twice. College is just around the corner, we have to get used to it.

May 17th, 2012
College

“Mommy?”
“Yes dear”
“Guess what I want to be when I grow up?”
“Hmmm, what does my darling want to be when she grows up?”
“No mommy! You have to guess first, then I will tell you.”
“Okay... do you want to be a farmer?”
“No mommy ! You’re silly. I want to be a plastic surgeon.”
“Oh really?”
“Yup, I want to be able to make old people look young again.”
“I see honey, that’s very...... it’s very a different job.”
“I know, I will make you look young again.”
“Haha you are very funny, but let’s just keep being focused on being in 1st grade for now, okay?”
“Okay mommy.”

This is how it goes for most every parent. Your child tells you what they want to be, but then 2 weeks later, it changes again. In a child’s perspective, everything is cool, and interesting. Now, in 7th grade, things change. This is the grade where you pretty sure what you want to be.

As a 7th grader, I know what I want to be. I want to be a neonatologist, these people take care of the babies in the NICU who need help, after birth. This job is means a lot to me, because I want to make sure each child that comes into the world is taken care of properly. Once you are in middle school, things start to take place. You really start thinking that things are sinking in, and you’re almost going to college.

College can be scary. I am not looking for it. Colleges can be huge far away from home, they could be far away, it’s expensive. There are so many things that run around in my tiny little head. I think that the most thing that I can do is think that in the future I can be what ever I want to be, and know that my friends and family will always support me. I am not excited for college, but I know it will help me in my career soon to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment